Assembled Large Module Spur Gears Made From Alloy Steel
Our Gear, Pinion Shaft, Ring Gear Capabilities:
|Capabilities of Gears/ Splines|
|Item||Internal Gears and Internal Splines||External Gears and External Splines|
|Max O.D.||2500 mm|
|Max Face Width(mm)||500||1480|
|DIN Class Level||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4|
|Tooth Finish||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6|
|Max Helix Angle||±22.5°||±45°|
Our Main Product Range
1. Spur Gear
2. Planetary Gear
3. Metal Gears
4. Gear Wheel
5. Ring Gear
6. Gear Shaft
7. Helical Gear
8. Pinion Shaft
9. Spline Shaft
1. 21 years experience in high quality gear, gear shaft’s production, sales and R&D.
2. Our Gear, Gear Shaft are certificated by ISO9001: 2008 and ISO14001: 2004.
3. CHINAMFG has more than 50 patents in high quality Gear, Gear Shaft manufacturing.
4. CHINAMFG products are exported to America, Europe.
5. Experience in cooperate with many Fortune 500 Companies
1) In-house capability: OEM service as per customers’ requests, with in-house tooling design & fabricating
2) Professional engineering capability: On product design, optimization and performance analysis
3) Manufacturing capability range: DIN 3960 class 8 to 4, ISO 1328 class 8 to 4, AGMA 2000 class 10-15, JIS 1702-1703 class 0 to 2, etc.
4) Packing: Tailor-made packaging method according to customer’s requirement
5) Just-in-time delivery capability
1. Q: Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we can do that.
2. Q: If I don’t have drawing, what can you do for me?
A: If you don’t have drawing, but have the sample part, you may send us. We will check if we can make it or not.
3. Q: How do you make sure the quality of your products?
A: We will do a series of inspections, such as:
A. Raw material inspection (includes chemical and physical mechanical characters inspection),
B. Machining process dimensional inspection (includes: 1st pc inspection, self inspection, final inspection),
C. Heat treatment result inspection,
D. Gear tooth inspection (to know the achieved gear quality level),
E. Magnetic particle inspection (to know if there’s any cracks in the gear).
We will provide you the reports 1 set for each batch/ shipment.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
Can spur gears be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations?
Yes, spur gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the most common types of gears used in various applications. They have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and are designed to transmit power and torque between parallel shafts. The versatility of spur gears allows them to be used in different orientations, including horizontal and vertical configurations.
In horizontal applications, where the gear shafts are positioned parallel to the ground, spur gears are widely utilized. Horizontal orientations are commonly found in machinery such as conveyor systems, automobiles, industrial equipment, and many other applications. Spur gears in horizontal configurations can efficiently transmit power and torque between shafts, providing reliable operation and smooth gear engagement.
Spur gears can also be used in vertical orientations, where the gear shafts are positioned perpendicular to the ground. Vertical gear arrangements are often encountered in applications such as wind turbines, elevators, vertical conveyor systems, and various industrial machinery. In these cases, the weight of the gears and any additional loads acting on them must be considered to ensure proper load distribution and support. Adequate lubrication and proper gear design, including tooth profile and material selection, are important factors to ensure reliable and efficient operation in vertical orientations.
When using spur gears in vertical orientations, some additional considerations may be necessary due to the effects of gravity and potential oil leakage. In vertical applications, gravity can affect the distribution of lubricant, potentially leading to inadequate lubrication of gear teeth. Proper lubrication techniques and lubricant selection should be employed to ensure sufficient film thickness and minimize wear. Additionally, seals or other measures may be required to prevent oil leakage, especially in applications where high-speed rotation or high loads are involved.
It’s important to note that while spur gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations, the specific design and configuration of the gear system should be evaluated to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Factors such as load distribution, gear alignment, lubrication, and material selection should be carefully considered based on the intended orientation and operating conditions of the gear system.
Consulting with gear manufacturers, engineers, or industry experts can provide further guidance on the suitability and design considerations when using spur gears in horizontal or vertical orientations.
What is the purpose of using spur gears in machinery?
In machinery, spur gears serve several important purposes due to their unique characteristics and capabilities. Here’s a detailed explanation of the purpose of using spur gears in machinery:
- Power Transmission: Spur gears are primarily used for power transmission in machinery. They transfer rotational motion and torque from one shaft to another, allowing machinery to perform various tasks. By meshing the teeth of two or more spur gears together, power can be transmitted efficiently and reliably throughout the machinery.
- Speed Reduction or Increase: Spur gears enable speed reduction or increase in machinery. By combining gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed can be adjusted to match the desired output speed. For example, using a larger gear driving a smaller gear can increase the speed output while reducing the torque, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the speed while increasing the torque.
- Torque Amplification: Spur gears can amplify torque in machinery. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the torque can be adjusted to match the required output. For example, using a smaller gear driving a larger gear can increase the torque output while reducing the speed, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the torque while increasing the speed.
- Directional Control: Spur gears provide directional control in machinery. By meshing gears with opposite orientations, the rotational direction of the driven shaft can be reversed or changed. This directional control is crucial for machinery that requires bi-directional motion or needs to change the direction of operation.
- Mechanical Advantage: Spur gears offer a mechanical advantage in machinery. By utilizing gear ratios, spur gears can multiply or divide the force exerted on the input shaft. This mechanical advantage allows machinery to generate higher forces or achieve precise movements with reduced effort.
- Precision Positioning: Spur gears facilitate precise positioning in machinery. The accurate tooth engagement of spur gears ensures precise control over rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning or synchronization of components. Machinery such as CNC machines, robotics, and automation systems often rely on spur gears for accurate movement and positioning.
- Compact Design: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for machinery with space constraints. They can be arranged in-line, parallel, or at right angles, allowing for efficient power transmission in tight spaces. Their compactness enables machinery to be designed with smaller footprints and optimized layouts.
- Reliability and Durability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability in machinery. The direct tooth engagement and uniform load distribution result in efficient power transmission with reduced wear and stress concentration. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can withstand heavy loads and operate reliably over extended periods.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective in machinery applications. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings. The availability of spur gears in various sizes and materials further enhances their cost-effectiveness.
By utilizing spur gears in machinery, engineers and designers can achieve efficient power transmission, speed and torque control, directional versatility, mechanical advantage, precise positioning, compact design, reliability, durability, and cost-effectiveness. These advantages make spur gears a popular choice in a wide range of machinery applications across industries.
What industries commonly use spur gears?
Spur gears find wide applications across various industries due to their simplicity, efficiency, and versatility. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use spur gears:
- Automotive Industry: The automotive industry extensively utilizes spur gears in various components and systems. They are commonly found in gearboxes, differentials, transmission systems, and engine timing mechanisms. Spur gears play a crucial role in transferring power and rotational motion between the engine, wheels, and other drivetrain components.
- Machinery and Manufacturing: Spur gears are widely employed in machinery and manufacturing equipment across different sectors. They are used in conveyor systems, machine tools, printing presses, textile machinery, packaging machinery, and a variety of industrial applications. Spur gears facilitate power transmission and motion control in these systems.
- Power Generation: Spur gears are essential in power generation systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They are used to transmit power from the rotor to the generator, converting the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electricity. Spur gears enable efficient power transfer in these renewable energy systems.
- Robotics and Automation: Spur gears have significant applications in robotics and automation systems. They are used in robotic joints, actuators, and drive systems to control motion and transmit torque accurately and efficiently. Spur gears enable precise movement and force transmission in robotic applications.
- Aerospace and Aviation: The aerospace and aviation industries utilize spur gears in various applications. They can be found in aircraft landing gear systems, engine components, flight control systems, auxiliary power units (APUs), and other critical equipment. Spur gears play a vital role in transmitting power and controlling movement in these aerospace systems.
- Marine and Shipbuilding: Spur gears are commonly used in the marine and shipbuilding industry. They find applications in propulsion systems, winches, steering mechanisms, and other equipment that require torque transmission and speed control. Spur gears enable efficient power transfer and maneuverability in marine vessels.
- Appliances and Household Equipment: Spur gears are present in numerous household appliances and equipment. They are used in washing machines, dishwashers, mixers, food processors, garage door openers, and many other appliances that require rotational motion and power transmission. Spur gears facilitate the efficient operation of these household devices.
- Power Tools: Spur gears are widely utilized in power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and sanders. They enable the transmission of power from the motor to the tool’s cutting or grinding components, ensuring efficient and controlled operation. Spur gears contribute to the functionality and performance of power tools.
- Medical Equipment: Spur gears are used in various medical devices and equipment. They can be found in imaging systems, surgical robots, medical pumps, and other applications that require precise motion control and torque transmission. Spur gears play a critical role in the functioning of medical equipment.
- Clocks and Watches: Spur gears are a fundamental component in mechanical clocks and watches. They are responsible for accurate timekeeping by transferring rotational motion from the mainspring or oscillator to the hour, minute, and second hands. Spur gears have historical significance in timekeeping mechanisms.
These are just a few examples of the industries where spur gears are commonly used. Their simplicity, reliability, and efficiency make them a popular choice in a wide range of applications, enabling power transmission, motion control, and precise operation in diverse industrial sectors.
editor by CX 2023-09-21