|Sintered metal parts
|100% inspection before shipment
|T/T at sight, Paypal, Western Union,etc.
|7-15 working days
|Why Choose Us
1. We have professional powder metallurgy production equipment and team;
2. We can accompany customers to develop products;
3. Just send an idea that you want to try, you don’t even need to know what powder metallurgy;
4. Our sales will reply you within 24 hours to confirm further details and give the estimated quote time;
5. Our team will evaluate your inquiry and provide our offer within next 1~3 working days.
1. You send us drawing or sample.
2. We carry through project assessment.
3. We give you our design for your confirmation.
4. We make the sample and send it to you after you confirmed our design.
5. You confirm the sample then place an order and pay us deposit.
6. We start producing.
7. When the goods is done, you pay us the balance after you confirmed pictures or tracking numbers.
8. Trade is done, thank you!!
Additional Capabilities CAD Design Services CAM Programming Services Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) Reverse Engineering
|Some Parts We Manufacture
DERYOUNG Technology company is a professional metal parts manufacturer, which with more than 20 years of experience in the development and production of sintered metals. Each year we produce more than 100 million premium sintered metal parts for our customers. We are mainly produce oil bearing, gear, and metal parts. We support our customers in the design and material selection of sintered parts, providing the best solution for your applied parts through our specialized equipment compression molds, furnaces, handling, sizing, deburring and impregnation processes.
|Design Tips: Powder Metallurgy Gears
1. Radius > 0.25 mm is required to manufacture the die;
2. Helical teeth should feature a helical angle < 30º in order to limit side pressure on the punches;
3. Introduction of a draft angle > 5º in the upper diameter reduce the tooling cost;
4. The distance between tooth root and central hub diameter must be: > 3 mm (Robust Tooling).
If you want to know more about the product, please send us a message.
|The Powder Metallurgy Manufacturing Process
|Q: How can I get the quotation?
|A: Please send us information for quote: drawing, material, weight, quantity and request,w can accept PDF, ISGS, DWG, STEP file format.
If you don’t have drawing, please send the sample to us,we can quote based on your sample too.
|Q: What’s your MOQ?
|A: In general 1000pcs,but can accept low quantity in some special conditions.
|Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
|A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
|Q: What about the leading time for mass production?
|A: Honestly, it depends on the order quantity. Normally, 15 days to 20 days after your deposit if no tooling needed.
|Q: What if the parts are not good?
|A: We can guarantee good quality,but if happened,please contact us immediately, take some pictures, we will check on the problem,and solve it asap.
|Q: What is your terms of payment ?
|A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
What are the potential challenges in designing and manufacturing spur gears?
Designing and manufacturing spur gears involve several challenges that need to be addressed to ensure optimal performance and reliability. Here’s a detailed explanation of the potential challenges in designing and manufacturing spur gears:
- Gear Tooth Design: Designing the gear tooth profile is a critical aspect of gear design. Achieving the desired tooth shape, pressure angle, and tooth thickness distribution while considering factors such as load capacity, durability, and noise generation can be challenging. Iterative design processes, computer-aided design (CAD) software, and gear design expertise are often employed to overcome these challenges.
- Material Selection: Choosing the appropriate material for gear manufacturing is crucial. Gears need to withstand high loads, transmit power efficiently, and exhibit excellent wear resistance. Selecting materials with suitable hardness, strength, and fatigue resistance can be challenging, especially when considering factors such as cost, availability, and compatibility with other components in the gear system.
- Manufacturing Processes: The manufacturing processes for producing spur gears, such as hobbing, shaping, or broaching, can present challenges. Achieving precise gear tooth profiles, accurate dimensions, and proper surface finish requires advanced machining techniques, specialized equipment, and skilled operators. Maintaining tight tolerances and ensuring consistent quality during mass production can also be demanding.
- Tooth Surface Finish: The surface finish of gear teeth plays a crucial role in gear performance. Achieving a smooth and precise tooth surface finish is challenging due to factors such as tool wear, heat generation during manufacturing, and the complexity of the gear tooth profile. Surface finishing processes, such as grinding or honing, may be required to achieve the desired surface quality.
- Noise and Vibration: Gears can generate noise and vibration during operation, which can affect the overall performance and user experience. Designing gears to minimize noise and vibration requires careful consideration of factors such as tooth profile optimization, load distribution, gear meshing characteristics, and proper lubrication. Conducting noise and vibration analysis and implementing appropriate design modifications may be necessary to address these challenges.
- Backlash Control: Controlling backlash, the slight gap between mating gear teeth, can be challenging. Backlash affects gear accuracy, smoothness of operation, and the ability to transmit torque efficiently. Balancing the need for adequate backlash to accommodate thermal expansion and minimize gear engagement issues while ensuring precise control of backlash can be a complex task in gear design and manufacturing.
- Heat Treatment: Heat treatment processes, such as carburizing or quenching, are often employed to enhance the hardness and strength of gear teeth. Proper heat treatment is crucial to achieve the desired material properties and gear performance. However, challenges such as distortion, residual stresses, and material property variations can arise during heat treatment, requiring careful process control, post-heat treatment machining, or additional treatments to mitigate these challenges.
- Quality Control: Ensuring consistent quality and reliability of spur gears is a challenge in manufacturing. Implementing effective quality control measures, such as dimensional inspections, hardness testing, and gear tooth profile analysis, is essential. Statistical process control (SPC) techniques and quality assurance systems help monitor manufacturing processes, identify potential issues, and maintain consistent gear quality.
- Cost and Time Constraints: Designing and manufacturing spur gears that meet performance requirements within cost and time constraints can be challenging. Balancing factors such as material costs, tooling expenses, production lead times, and market competitiveness requires careful consideration and optimization. Efficient production planning, cost analysis, and value engineering techniques are often employed to address these challenges.
By recognizing these challenges and employing appropriate design methodologies, manufacturing techniques, and quality control measures, it is possible to overcome the potential challenges associated with designing and manufacturing spur gears.
It’s important to note that the specific challenges may vary depending on the gear application, size, complexity, and operating conditions. Collaboration with gear design experts, manufacturing engineers, and industry specialists can provide valuable insights and guidance in addressing the challenges specific to your spur gear design and manufacturing processes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using spur gears?
Spur gears offer several advantages and disadvantages when used in mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using spur gears:
Advantages of Spur Gears:
- Simplicity: Spur gears have a simple and straightforward design, consisting of cylindrical gears with straight teeth. Their simplicity facilitates ease of manufacturing, installation, and maintenance.
- Efficiency: Spur gears are highly efficient in transmitting power from one shaft to another. They have minimal sliding friction between the gear teeth, resulting in high mechanical efficiency.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Due to their simple design and ease of production, spur gears are generally more cost-effective compared to other types of gears. They are widely available and can be manufactured in large quantities at a reasonable cost.
- Compactness: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for applications where space is limited. They can be arranged in parallel or stacked configurations to achieve the desired gear ratios within a confined space.
- High Load Capacity: Spur gears can handle high load capacities and transmit substantial amounts of torque. Their teeth are designed to distribute the load evenly across the gear face, resulting in improved load-bearing capabilities.
- Precision: Spur gears provide precise and predictable motion due to the simplicity of their tooth engagement. This makes them suitable for applications that require accurate positioning and synchronization.
Disadvantages of Spur Gears:
- Noisy Operation: Spur gears can produce noise during operation, especially at high speeds. The engagement of the gear teeth generates impact and vibration, resulting in noise that may require additional measures to mitigate.
- Axial Thrust: Spur gears generate axial thrust forces along the gear shafts due to the parallel arrangement of their teeth. This thrust must be properly managed using thrust bearings or other means to prevent excessive axial loading on the gear shafts.
- Limited Speed Ratio: Spur gears are primarily designed for applications with moderate speed ratios. They are less suitable for high-speed applications due to the limitations imposed by the tooth engagement and potential for increased noise and vibration.
- Unidirectional Operation: Spur gears are typically designed for unidirectional power transmission. Reversing the direction of rotation can cause noise, impact, and increased wear due to the abrupt change in tooth engagement.
- Prone to Wear: The sliding contact between the gear teeth in spur gears can result in wear over time, especially under heavy loads or inadequate lubrication. Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are necessary to minimize wear and extend gear life.
It’s important to consider these advantages and disadvantages when selecting gear types for specific applications. While spur gears are well-suited for many applications, other gear types, such as helical gears or bevel gears, may be more suitable in certain situations depending on the requirements and operating conditions.
What industries commonly use spur gears?
Spur gears find wide applications across various industries due to their simplicity, efficiency, and versatility. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use spur gears:
- Automotive Industry: The automotive industry extensively utilizes spur gears in various components and systems. They are commonly found in gearboxes, differentials, transmission systems, and engine timing mechanisms. Spur gears play a crucial role in transferring power and rotational motion between the engine, wheels, and other drivetrain components.
- Machinery and Manufacturing: Spur gears are widely employed in machinery and manufacturing equipment across different sectors. They are used in conveyor systems, machine tools, printing presses, textile machinery, packaging machinery, and a variety of industrial applications. Spur gears facilitate power transmission and motion control in these systems.
- Power Generation: Spur gears are essential in power generation systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They are used to transmit power from the rotor to the generator, converting the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electricity. Spur gears enable efficient power transfer in these renewable energy systems.
- Robotics and Automation: Spur gears have significant applications in robotics and automation systems. They are used in robotic joints, actuators, and drive systems to control motion and transmit torque accurately and efficiently. Spur gears enable precise movement and force transmission in robotic applications.
- Aerospace and Aviation: The aerospace and aviation industries utilize spur gears in various applications. They can be found in aircraft landing gear systems, engine components, flight control systems, auxiliary power units (APUs), and other critical equipment. Spur gears play a vital role in transmitting power and controlling movement in these aerospace systems.
- Marine and Shipbuilding: Spur gears are commonly used in the marine and shipbuilding industry. They find applications in propulsion systems, winches, steering mechanisms, and other equipment that require torque transmission and speed control. Spur gears enable efficient power transfer and maneuverability in marine vessels.
- Appliances and Household Equipment: Spur gears are present in numerous household appliances and equipment. They are used in washing machines, dishwashers, mixers, food processors, garage door openers, and many other appliances that require rotational motion and power transmission. Spur gears facilitate the efficient operation of these household devices.
- Power Tools: Spur gears are widely utilized in power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and sanders. They enable the transmission of power from the motor to the tool’s cutting or grinding components, ensuring efficient and controlled operation. Spur gears contribute to the functionality and performance of power tools.
- Medical Equipment: Spur gears are used in various medical devices and equipment. They can be found in imaging systems, surgical robots, medical pumps, and other applications that require precise motion control and torque transmission. Spur gears play a critical role in the functioning of medical equipment.
- Clocks and Watches: Spur gears are a fundamental component in mechanical clocks and watches. They are responsible for accurate timekeeping by transferring rotational motion from the mainspring or oscillator to the hour, minute, and second hands. Spur gears have historical significance in timekeeping mechanisms.
These are just a few examples of the industries where spur gears are commonly used. Their simplicity, reliability, and efficiency make them a popular choice in a wide range of applications, enabling power transmission, motion control, and precise operation in diverse industrial sectors.
editor by CX 2023-09-12