|Product type||sintered metal parts|
|QC system||100% inspection before shipment|
|Payment terms||T/T at sight, Paypal, Western Union,etc.|
|Lead time||7-15 working days|
|Why Choose Us|
1. We have professional powder metallurgy production equipment and team;
2. We can accompany customers to develop products;
3. Just send an idea that you want to try, you don’t even need to know what powder metallurgy;
4. Our sales will reply you within 24 hours to confirm further details and give the estimated quote time;
5. Our team will evaluate your inquiry and provide our offer within next 1~3 working days.
1. You send us drawing or sample.
2. We carry through project assessment.
3. We give you our design for your confirmation.
4. We make the sample and send it to you after you confirmed our design.
5. You confirm the sample then place an order and pay us deposit.
6. We start producing.
7. When the goods is done, you pay us the balance after you confirmed pictures or tracking numbers.
8. Trade is done, thank you!!
Additional Capabilities CAD Design Services CAM Programming Services Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) Reverse Engineering
|Some Parts We Manufacture|
DERYOUNG Technology company is a professional metal parts manufacturer, which with more than 20 years of experience in the development and production of sintered metals. Each year we produce more than 100 million premium sintered metal parts for our customers. We are mainly produce oil bearing, gear, and metal parts. We support our customers in the design and material selection of sintered parts, providing the best solution for your applied parts through our specialized equipment compression molds, furnaces, handling, sizing, deburring and impregnation processes.
|Design Tips: Powder Metallurgy Gears|
1. Radius > 0.25 mm is required to manufacture the die;
2. Helical teeth should feature a helical angle < 30º in order to limit side pressure on the punches;
3. Introduction of a draft angle > 5º in the upper diameter reduce the tooling cost;
4. The distance between tooth root and central hub diameter must be: > 3 mm (Robust Tooling).
|The Powder Metallurgy Manufacturing Process|
Characteristics of Powder Metallurgy Gears
Powder metallurgy (PM) is a versatile manufacturing process that involves the production of components from powdered metal. Gears manufactured using this process, known as powder metallurgy gears, possess several unique characteristics that make them highly desirable in various industries. In this article, we will explore some of the key features and advantages of powder metallurgy gears.
1. Cost-effective production: Powder metallurgy gears offer significant cost advantages compared to gears produced through traditional methods such as forging or machining. The PM process allows for a high material utilization rate, reducing wastage and minimizing production costs. Additionally, the elimination of expensive machining operations results in lower labor and tooling costs, making powder metallurgy gears an economical choice for gear manufacturers.
2. Design flexibility: Powder metallurgy gears provide excellent design flexibility, allowing for the production of complex gear geometries that are difficult to achieve using conventional manufacturing techniques. The PM process enables the production of gears with intricate shapes, including internal and external splines, helical gears, and bevel gears. This flexibility in design allows gear manufacturers to meet specific application requirements and optimize gear performance.
3. Enhanced material properties: Powder metallurgy gears exhibit superior material properties compared to gears made using conventional methods. The PM process allows for the use of a wide range of alloy compositions, including low-alloy steels, stainless steels, and non-ferrous materials such as bronze and brass. By carefully selecting the alloy composition and controlling the powder metallurgy process parameters, gear manufacturers can achieve desired mechanical properties such as high strength, wear resistance, and fatigue resistance.
4. Improved dimensional accuracy: Powder metallurgy gears offer excellent dimensional accuracy and tight tolerances. The PM process involves pressing metal powders into a die cavity, followed by sintering at high temperatures. This sintering process results in a net-shape or near-net-shape component, minimizing the need for secondary machining operations. The ability to produce gears with precise dimensions ensures proper meshing and alignment, leading to improved gear performance and reduced noise levels.
5. Enhanced surface finish: Powder metallurgy gears typically have a smooth surface finish, eliminating the need for additional finishing operations such as grinding or polishing. The sintering process helps to consolidate the metal powders, resulting in a dense and uniform structure. This uniformity contributes to improved gear surface quality, reduced friction, and enhanced gear efficiency.
6. Reduced material waste: The powder metallurgy process minimizes material waste compared to traditional manufacturing methods. The ability to accurately control the powder composition and shape during the pressing stage ensures efficient material utilization. Additionally, any excess powder generated during the pressing process can be recycled, further reducing material waste and contributing to a more sustainable manufacturing process.
7. Consistent quality: Powder metallurgy gears offer consistent and reliable quality. The PM process allows for precise control over the production parameters, ensuring consistent material properties and gear performance. This consistency is crucial for applications that require high precision and reliability, such as automotive transmissions, industrial machinery, and aerospace systems.
In conclusion, powder metallurgy gears possess several distinct characteristics that make them highly advantageous in various industries. Their cost-effectiveness, design flexibility, enhanced material properties, improved dimensional accuracy, enhanced surface finish, reduced material waste, and consistent quality make them a preferred choice for gear manufacturers. As technology continues to advance, powder metallurgy gears are likely to play an increasingly significant role in the production of high-performance gears.
|Q: How can I get the quotation?|
|A: Please send us information for quote: drawing, material, weight, quantity and request,w can accept PDF, ISGS, DWG, STEP file format.
If you don’t have drawing, please send the sample to us,we can quote based on your sample too.
|Q: What’s your MOQ?|
|A: In general 1000pcs,but can accept low quantity in some special conditions.|
|Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?|
|A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.|
|Q: What about the leading time for mass production?|
|A: Honestly, it depends on the order quantity. Normally, 15 days to 20 days after your deposit if no tooling needed.|
|Q: What if the parts are not good?|
|A: We can guarantee good quality,but if happened,please contact us immediately, take some pictures, we will check on the problem,and solve it asap.|
|Q: What is your terms of payment ?|
|A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment|
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
Can spur gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, spur gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the simplest and most commonly used types of gears. They consist of cylindrical teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and mesh with each other to transmit power and motion. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are often preferred in certain automotive applications, spur gears still find their place in various automotive systems and components.
Spur gears are commonly found in manual transmissions, especially in lower gears. They are used to achieve a direct and efficient power transfer between the engine and the wheels. Spur gears in transmissions are designed to handle high torque loads and provide reliable performance.
In automotive differentials, which distribute power between the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds, spur gears are often employed. They are used in the differential gear train to transfer torque from the driveshaft to the wheels. The simplicity and robustness of spur gears make them suitable for this application.
3. Starter Motors:
Spur gears are commonly used in starter motors to crank the engine when starting a vehicle. They provide high torque and efficient power transmission to rotate the engine’s crankshaft and initiate the combustion process. Starter motor spur gears are designed to handle the initial load and engage smoothly with the engine’s flywheel.
4. Timing Systems:
In automotive timing systems, where precise synchronization of engine components is crucial, spur gears can be used. They are employed in timing belts or chains to drive the camshafts, ensuring proper valve timing and engine performance. Spur gears in timing systems contribute to accurate and reliable engine operation.
5. Accessories and Auxiliary Components:
Spur gears are also utilized in various automotive accessories and auxiliary components. They can be found in power window mechanisms, windshield wipers, power steering systems, and other mechanisms that require controlled and synchronized motion. Spur gears provide cost-effective and efficient power transmission for these applications.
It’s important to note that while spur gears have their advantages, they also have certain limitations. They can generate more noise and vibration compared to gears with helical or bevel tooth profiles. Additionally, spur gears are not as suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications as other gear types.
Overall, spur gears have a significant presence in automotive applications, particularly in manual transmissions, differentials, starter motors, timing systems, and various auxiliary components. Their simplicity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness make them a viable choice for specific automotive gear applications.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using spur gears?
Spur gears offer several advantages and disadvantages when used in mechanical systems. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using spur gears:
Advantages of Spur Gears:
- Simplicity: Spur gears have a simple and straightforward design, consisting of cylindrical gears with straight teeth. Their simplicity facilitates ease of manufacturing, installation, and maintenance.
- Efficiency: Spur gears are highly efficient in transmitting power from one shaft to another. They have minimal sliding friction between the gear teeth, resulting in high mechanical efficiency.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Due to their simple design and ease of production, spur gears are generally more cost-effective compared to other types of gears. They are widely available and can be manufactured in large quantities at a reasonable cost.
- Compactness: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for applications where space is limited. They can be arranged in parallel or stacked configurations to achieve the desired gear ratios within a confined space.
- High Load Capacity: Spur gears can handle high load capacities and transmit substantial amounts of torque. Their teeth are designed to distribute the load evenly across the gear face, resulting in improved load-bearing capabilities.
- Precision: Spur gears provide precise and predictable motion due to the simplicity of their tooth engagement. This makes them suitable for applications that require accurate positioning and synchronization.
Disadvantages of Spur Gears:
- Noisy Operation: Spur gears can produce noise during operation, especially at high speeds. The engagement of the gear teeth generates impact and vibration, resulting in noise that may require additional measures to mitigate.
- Axial Thrust: Spur gears generate axial thrust forces along the gear shafts due to the parallel arrangement of their teeth. This thrust must be properly managed using thrust bearings or other means to prevent excessive axial loading on the gear shafts.
- Limited Speed Ratio: Spur gears are primarily designed for applications with moderate speed ratios. They are less suitable for high-speed applications due to the limitations imposed by the tooth engagement and potential for increased noise and vibration.
- Unidirectional Operation: Spur gears are typically designed for unidirectional power transmission. Reversing the direction of rotation can cause noise, impact, and increased wear due to the abrupt change in tooth engagement.
- Prone to Wear: The sliding contact between the gear teeth in spur gears can result in wear over time, especially under heavy loads or inadequate lubrication. Regular maintenance and proper lubrication are necessary to minimize wear and extend gear life.
It’s important to consider these advantages and disadvantages when selecting gear types for specific applications. While spur gears are well-suited for many applications, other gear types, such as helical gears or bevel gears, may be more suitable in certain situations depending on the requirements and operating conditions.
What industries commonly use spur gears?
Spur gears find wide applications across various industries due to their simplicity, efficiency, and versatility. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use spur gears:
- Automotive Industry: The automotive industry extensively utilizes spur gears in various components and systems. They are commonly found in gearboxes, differentials, transmission systems, and engine timing mechanisms. Spur gears play a crucial role in transferring power and rotational motion between the engine, wheels, and other drivetrain components.
- Machinery and Manufacturing: Spur gears are widely employed in machinery and manufacturing equipment across different sectors. They are used in conveyor systems, machine tools, printing presses, textile machinery, packaging machinery, and a variety of industrial applications. Spur gears facilitate power transmission and motion control in these systems.
- Power Generation: Spur gears are essential in power generation systems such as wind turbines, hydroelectric turbines, and steam turbines. They are used to transmit power from the rotor to the generator, converting the rotational motion of the turbine blades into electricity. Spur gears enable efficient power transfer in these renewable energy systems.
- Robotics and Automation: Spur gears have significant applications in robotics and automation systems. They are used in robotic joints, actuators, and drive systems to control motion and transmit torque accurately and efficiently. Spur gears enable precise movement and force transmission in robotic applications.
- Aerospace and Aviation: The aerospace and aviation industries utilize spur gears in various applications. They can be found in aircraft landing gear systems, engine components, flight control systems, auxiliary power units (APUs), and other critical equipment. Spur gears play a vital role in transmitting power and controlling movement in these aerospace systems.
- Marine and Shipbuilding: Spur gears are commonly used in the marine and shipbuilding industry. They find applications in propulsion systems, winches, steering mechanisms, and other equipment that require torque transmission and speed control. Spur gears enable efficient power transfer and maneuverability in marine vessels.
- Appliances and Household Equipment: Spur gears are present in numerous household appliances and equipment. They are used in washing machines, dishwashers, mixers, food processors, garage door openers, and many other appliances that require rotational motion and power transmission. Spur gears facilitate the efficient operation of these household devices.
- Power Tools: Spur gears are widely utilized in power tools such as drills, saws, grinders, and sanders. They enable the transmission of power from the motor to the tool’s cutting or grinding components, ensuring efficient and controlled operation. Spur gears contribute to the functionality and performance of power tools.
- Medical Equipment: Spur gears are used in various medical devices and equipment. They can be found in imaging systems, surgical robots, medical pumps, and other applications that require precise motion control and torque transmission. Spur gears play a critical role in the functioning of medical equipment.
- Clocks and Watches: Spur gears are a fundamental component in mechanical clocks and watches. They are responsible for accurate timekeeping by transferring rotational motion from the mainspring or oscillator to the hour, minute, and second hands. Spur gears have historical significance in timekeeping mechanisms.
These are just a few examples of the industries where spur gears are commonly used. Their simplicity, reliability, and efficiency make them a popular choice in a wide range of applications, enabling power transmission, motion control, and precise operation in diverse industrial sectors.
editor by CX 2023-09-22