Our Gear, Pinion Shaft, Ring Gear Capabilities:
|Capabilities of Gears/ Splines|
|Item||Internal Gears and Internal Splines||External Gears and External Splines|
|Max O.D.||2500 mm|
|Max Face Width(mm)||500||1480|
|DIN Class Level||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4|
|Tooth Finish||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6|
|Max Helix Angle||±22.5°||±45°|
Our Main Product Range
1. Spur Gear
2. Planetary Gear
3. Metal Gears
4. Gear Wheel
5. Ring Gear
6. Gear Shaft
7. Helical Gear
8. Pinion Shaft
9. Spline Shaft
1. 21 years experience in high quality gear, gear shaft’s production, sales and R&D.
2. Our Gear, Gear Shaft are certificated by ISO9001: 2008 and ISO14001: 2004.
3. CHINAMFG has more than 50 patents in high quality Gear, Gear Shaft manufacturing.
4. CHINAMFG products are exported to America, Europe.
5. Experience in cooperate with many Fortune 500 Companies
1) In-house capability: OEM service as per customers’ requests, with in-house tooling design & fabricating
2) Professional engineering capability: On product design, optimization and performance analysis
3) Manufacturing capability range: DIN 3960 class 8 to 4, ISO 1328 class 8 to 4, AGMA 2000 class 10-15, JIS 1702-1703 class 0 to 2, etc.
4) Packing: Tailor-made packaging method according to customer’s requirement
5) Just-in-time delivery capability
1. Q: Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we can do that.
2. Q: If I don’t have drawing, what can you do for me?
A: If you don’t have drawing, but have the sample part, you may send us. We will check if we can make it or not.
3. Q: How do you make sure the quality of your products?
A: We will do a series of inspections, such as:
A. Raw material inspection (includes chemical and physical mechanical characters inspection),
B. Machining process dimensional inspection (includes: 1st pc inspection, self inspection, final inspection),
C. Heat treatment result inspection,
D. Gear tooth inspection (to know the achieved gear quality level),
E. Magnetic particle inspection (to know if there’s any cracks in the gear).
We will provide you the reports 1 set for each batch/ shipment.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
Can spur gears be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations?
Yes, spur gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the most common types of gears used in various applications. They have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and are designed to transmit power and torque between parallel shafts. The versatility of spur gears allows them to be used in different orientations, including horizontal and vertical configurations.
In horizontal applications, where the gear shafts are positioned parallel to the ground, spur gears are widely utilized. Horizontal orientations are commonly found in machinery such as conveyor systems, automobiles, industrial equipment, and many other applications. Spur gears in horizontal configurations can efficiently transmit power and torque between shafts, providing reliable operation and smooth gear engagement.
Spur gears can also be used in vertical orientations, where the gear shafts are positioned perpendicular to the ground. Vertical gear arrangements are often encountered in applications such as wind turbines, elevators, vertical conveyor systems, and various industrial machinery. In these cases, the weight of the gears and any additional loads acting on them must be considered to ensure proper load distribution and support. Adequate lubrication and proper gear design, including tooth profile and material selection, are important factors to ensure reliable and efficient operation in vertical orientations.
When using spur gears in vertical orientations, some additional considerations may be necessary due to the effects of gravity and potential oil leakage. In vertical applications, gravity can affect the distribution of lubricant, potentially leading to inadequate lubrication of gear teeth. Proper lubrication techniques and lubricant selection should be employed to ensure sufficient film thickness and minimize wear. Additionally, seals or other measures may be required to prevent oil leakage, especially in applications where high-speed rotation or high loads are involved.
It’s important to note that while spur gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations, the specific design and configuration of the gear system should be evaluated to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Factors such as load distribution, gear alignment, lubrication, and material selection should be carefully considered based on the intended orientation and operating conditions of the gear system.
Consulting with gear manufacturers, engineers, or industry experts can provide further guidance on the suitability and design considerations when using spur gears in horizontal or vertical orientations.
What is the lifespan of a typical spur gear?
The lifespan of a typical spur gear can vary significantly depending on several factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
The lifespan of a spur gear is influenced by various factors, including:
- Operating Conditions: The conditions under which the spur gear operates greatly impact its lifespan. Factors such as the magnitude and frequency of the applied loads, operating temperature, speed, and lubrication quality play a significant role. Gears operating under heavy loads, high speeds, or harsh environments may experience higher wear and fatigue, potentially reducing their lifespan.
- Material Selection: The material used for constructing the spur gear affects its durability and lifespan. Spur gears are commonly made from materials such as steel, cast iron, bronze, or polymer composites. The specific material properties, including hardness, strength, and resistance to wear and corrosion, influence the gear’s ability to withstand the operating conditions and determine its lifespan.
- Quality of Manufacturing: The quality of manufacturing processes and techniques employed during the production of the spur gear can impact its lifespan. Gears manufactured with precision, accurate tooth profiles, and proper heat treatment are more likely to have longer lifespans compared to those with manufacturing defects or poor quality control.
- Lubrication and Maintenance: Proper lubrication is crucial for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation in spur gears. Regular maintenance practices, including lubricant replacement, gear inspections, and addressing any issues promptly, can significantly extend the lifespan of the gears. Inadequate lubrication or neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear and failure.
- Load and Stress Distribution: The design and configuration of the gear system affect the load and stress distribution on the spur gears. Proper gear design, including tooth profile, number of teeth, and gear arrangement, helps ensure even load distribution and minimizes localized stress concentrations. Well-designed supporting components, such as bearings and shafts, also contribute to the overall lifespan of the gear system.
It is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical spur gear since it depends on the aforementioned factors and the specific application. Spur gears can have lifespans ranging from several thousand to millions of operating cycles. Industrial gear systems often undergo regular inspections and maintenance, including gear replacement when necessary, to ensure safe and reliable operation.
It’s important to note that gear lifespan can be extended through proper care, maintenance, and adherence to recommended operating parameters. Regular inspections, monitoring of gear performance, and addressing any signs of wear or damage promptly can help maximize the lifespan of spur gears.
When assessing the lifespan of spur gears for a particular application, it is advisable to consult manufacturers, industry standards, and experts with expertise in gear design and maintenance for accurate estimations and recommendations.
What are the benefits of using a spur gear mechanism?
Using a spur gear mechanism offers several benefits in various applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using a spur gear mechanism:
- Simplicity: Spur gear mechanisms are relatively simple in design, consisting of cylindrical gears with straight teeth. Their simplicity makes them easy to manufacture, assemble, and maintain. They have fewer components compared to other types of gear mechanisms, resulting in lower complexity and potentially reduced costs.
- Efficiency: Spur gears exhibit high efficiency in power transmission. The teeth of spur gears mesh directly, resulting in minimal energy loss during transmission. The simplicity of their tooth profile allows for efficient power transfer, making them an energy-efficient choice for many applications.
- Compactness: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for applications where space is limited. They can be arranged in-line, parallel to each other, or at right angles using additional components such as bevel gears. This flexibility in arrangement allows for efficient power transmission in tight spaces.
- Versatility: Spur gears are versatile and can be used in a wide range of applications. They are available in various sizes, configurations, and materials, allowing them to be tailored to specific needs. Spur gears can handle different torque and speed requirements, making them suitable for both low and high-speed applications.
- High-Speed Capability: Spur gears can achieve high rotational speeds due to their straightforward design and direct tooth engagement. They are capable of transmitting power efficiently at high speeds, making them suitable for applications that require rapid motion or high rotational velocities.
- Precise Positioning: Spur gears provide accurate positioning due to their precise tooth engagement. The straight teeth allow for precise control of rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning, such as robotics, machinery, and automation systems.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective compared to other gear mechanisms. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings.
- Reliability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability. The direct tooth engagement provides excellent load distribution, minimizing stress concentration and wear. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can operate reliably for extended periods, making them suitable for demanding industrial applications.
- Wide Availability: Spur gears are widely available in the market, with various sizes, materials, and configurations to choose from. This availability ensures easy sourcing and replacement of gears when needed. Additionally, spur gears have been used for many years and have a well-established design and manufacturing process, leading to a robust supply chain.
These benefits make spur gear mechanisms a popular choice in numerous industries, including automotive, machinery, robotics, aerospace, appliances, and more. Their simplicity, efficiency, compactness, versatility, and reliability contribute to their widespread use in a wide range of applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-18