OEM Customized Small Spur Gear Toothed Rack Non-standard Metal Gears High
Precision Helical Bevel Gear
|Material||1) Aluminum: AL 6061-T6, 6063, 7075-T etc.|
|2) Stainless steel: 303, 304, 316L, 17-4(SUS630) etc.|
|3) Steel: 4140, Q235, Q345B, 20#, 45# etc.|
|4) Titanium: TA1, TA2/GR2, TA4/GR5, TC4, TC18 etc.|
|5) Brass: C36000 (HPb62), C37700 (HPb59), C26800 (H68), C22000(H90) etc.|
|6) Copper, Bronze, Magnesium alloy, Delrin, POM, Acrylic, PC, etc.|
|Finsh||Sandblasting, Anodize color, Blackenning, Zinc/Nickl Plating, Polish.|
|Power coating, Passivation PVD, Titanium Plating, Electrogalvanizing.|
|Electroplating chromium, Electrophoresis, QPQ(Quench-Polish-Quench).|
|Electro Polishing, Chrome Plating, Knurl, Laser etch Logo, etc.|
|Main Equipment||CNC machining center(Milling), CNC Lathe, Grinding machine.|
|Cylindrical grinder machine, Drilling machine, Laser cutting machine, etc.|
|Drawing format||STEP, STP, GIS, CAD, PDF, DWG, DXF etc or samples.|
|Tolerance||+/-0.01mm ~ +/-0.05mm|
|Surface roughness||Ra 0.1~3.2|
|Inspection||Complete inspection lab with Micrometer, Optical Comparator, Caliper Vernier, CMM.|
|Depth Caliper Vernier, Universal Protractor, Clock Gauge, Internal Centigrade Gauge.|
|Capacity||CNC turning work range: φ0.5mm-φ150mm*300mm.|
|CNC milling work range: 510mm*1571mm*500mm.|
Runsom, a company specializing in rapid prototyping and manufacturing, has decades of experience in
CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, and die casting. Our engineering
team with extensive knowledge and experience utilizes the latest prototyping technologies and top-notch
machining equipment to provide comprehensive services to satisfy global customers’ requirements,
timescales, and specific needs. We are able to take your concepts or designs to reality production in just
days with our advanced machining technologies, extensive manufacturing experience, and a wealth of
Runsom Precision was established to give support to companies in the industries fields who continually
need to reduce their costs and meet tight deadlines. Our purpose is to ensure customer satisfaction by
providing first-class project management control and problem-free products.
Get a Quote
Q1: What’s kinds of information you need for quote?
A1: Kindly please provide the 2D/3D drawings (PDF/DWG/DXF/IGS/STP/SLDPRT/etc) and advise material
, finish, quantity for quoting.
Q2: What is your MOQ?
A2: MOQ depends on our client’s needs, besides, we welcome trial order before mass-production.
Q3: What is the lead time?
A3: Depending on your specific project and quantity.
Q4: Available for customized design drawings?
A4: Yes, please send the technical drawings to us. It’s better if you can send both 2D and 3D drawings if
Q5: If the parts we purchase from your company are not good, what can we do?
A5: Please feel free to contact us after you got the products. Kindly send us some photos, we will
feedback to our engineers and QC departments and solve the problems ASAP.
Q6: Are you a manufacturer or trading company?
A6: We are a manufacturer, we are located in HangZhou, China.
Q7: Will my drawings be safe after sending to you?
A7: Yes, we will keep them well and not release to third party without your permission.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Auto,Motorcycle,Aviation,Electonic,Medical,Home|
|Hardness:||According to The Drawing|
|Gear Position:||According to The Drawing|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Custom|
Can spur gears be used in precision manufacturing equipment?
Yes, spur gears can be used in precision manufacturing equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Precision manufacturing equipment requires high accuracy, repeatability, and reliability to produce intricate and precise components. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are commonly used in precision applications, spur gears can also be suitable in certain scenarios.
1. Low-Speed Applications:
Spur gears are well-suited for low-speed applications where high precision is required. In precision manufacturing equipment, such as milling machines, lathes, or grinding machines, where controlled and precise rotational motion is essential, spur gears can provide the necessary power transmission with accuracy.
2. Linear Actuators and Positioning Systems:
Spur gears can be used in linear actuators and positioning systems within precision manufacturing equipment. These systems require precise movement control, and spur gears can convert rotary motion into linear motion accurately. By incorporating precision-ground spur gears with proper backlash control, highly accurate positioning can be achieved.
3. Tooling Systems:
Spur gears are employed in tooling systems used in precision manufacturing equipment, such as indexing heads and rotary tables. These systems enable precise and repeatable positioning of workpieces or cutting tools. Spur gears with high precision tooth profiles and low backlash are utilized to ensure accurate tool positioning and consistent machining results.
4. Measuring and Inspection Equipment:
In precision manufacturing, gear systems are also utilized in measuring and inspection equipment. Spur gears can be incorporated into gear trains within instruments like coordinate measuring machines (CMMs) or optical comparators to translate linear or rotary motion into precise measurement data. The gear systems in these instruments require minimal backlash and high accuracy to ensure accurate measurements.
5. Customized Gear Systems:
In some cases, precision manufacturing equipment may require custom-designed gear systems to meet specific application requirements. Spur gears can be tailored and optimized for these custom gear systems, taking into account factors like gear tooth profile, material selection, and gear geometry. This allows for the creation of highly precise and specialized gear systems.
While spur gears have advantages in precision manufacturing equipment, it’s important to consider their limitations. Due to their design, spur gears may produce more noise and vibration compared to other gear types. Additionally, they are generally not suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications that demand continuous and smooth power transmission.
Overall, spur gears can be successfully used in precision manufacturing equipment for specific applications that require low-speed, precise motion control, accurate positioning, and measurement capabilities. Proper gear selection, high-quality manufacturing, and careful system integration are key to achieving the desired precision and performance in these gear applications.
What is the purpose of using spur gears in machinery?
In machinery, spur gears serve several important purposes due to their unique characteristics and capabilities. Here’s a detailed explanation of the purpose of using spur gears in machinery:
- Power Transmission: Spur gears are primarily used for power transmission in machinery. They transfer rotational motion and torque from one shaft to another, allowing machinery to perform various tasks. By meshing the teeth of two or more spur gears together, power can be transmitted efficiently and reliably throughout the machinery.
- Speed Reduction or Increase: Spur gears enable speed reduction or increase in machinery. By combining gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed can be adjusted to match the desired output speed. For example, using a larger gear driving a smaller gear can increase the speed output while reducing the torque, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the speed while increasing the torque.
- Torque Amplification: Spur gears can amplify torque in machinery. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the torque can be adjusted to match the required output. For example, using a smaller gear driving a larger gear can increase the torque output while reducing the speed, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the torque while increasing the speed.
- Directional Control: Spur gears provide directional control in machinery. By meshing gears with opposite orientations, the rotational direction of the driven shaft can be reversed or changed. This directional control is crucial for machinery that requires bi-directional motion or needs to change the direction of operation.
- Mechanical Advantage: Spur gears offer a mechanical advantage in machinery. By utilizing gear ratios, spur gears can multiply or divide the force exerted on the input shaft. This mechanical advantage allows machinery to generate higher forces or achieve precise movements with reduced effort.
- Precision Positioning: Spur gears facilitate precise positioning in machinery. The accurate tooth engagement of spur gears ensures precise control over rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning or synchronization of components. Machinery such as CNC machines, robotics, and automation systems often rely on spur gears for accurate movement and positioning.
- Compact Design: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for machinery with space constraints. They can be arranged in-line, parallel, or at right angles, allowing for efficient power transmission in tight spaces. Their compactness enables machinery to be designed with smaller footprints and optimized layouts.
- Reliability and Durability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability in machinery. The direct tooth engagement and uniform load distribution result in efficient power transmission with reduced wear and stress concentration. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can withstand heavy loads and operate reliably over extended periods.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective in machinery applications. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings. The availability of spur gears in various sizes and materials further enhances their cost-effectiveness.
By utilizing spur gears in machinery, engineers and designers can achieve efficient power transmission, speed and torque control, directional versatility, mechanical advantage, precise positioning, compact design, reliability, durability, and cost-effectiveness. These advantages make spur gears a popular choice in a wide range of machinery applications across industries.
How do spur gears contribute to power transmission?
Spur gears play a crucial role in power transmission due to their specific design and tooth engagement. Here’s a detailed explanation of how spur gears contribute to power transmission:
- Direct Tooth Engagement: Spur gears have straight teeth that mesh directly with each other. This direct tooth engagement ensures efficient transfer of power from one gear to another. As the driving gear rotates, its teeth come into contact with the teeth of the driven gear, enabling the transfer of rotational motion and torque.
- Uniform Load Distribution: The teeth of spur gears distribute the transmitted load evenly across the gear surfaces. The straight, parallel teeth provide a larger contact area compared to other gear types, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and reduced stress concentration. This uniform load distribution helps prevent premature wear and failure of the gears, ensuring reliable power transmission.
- Efficiency: Spur gears are known for their high efficiency in power transmission. The direct tooth engagement and parallel shaft arrangement minimize energy losses during rotation. The teeth mesh smoothly, resulting in minimal friction and reduced power dissipation. This efficiency is beneficial in applications where maximizing power transfer and minimizing energy waste are crucial.
- Speed and Torque Conversion: Spur gears allow for speed and torque conversion between the driving and driven shafts. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed and torque can be adjusted to match the requirements of the application. For example, a small gear driving a larger gear will result in a higher torque output at a lower speed, while a larger gear driving a smaller gear will result in a higher speed output at a lower torque.
- Directional Control: The arrangement of spur gears can be used to control the rotational direction of the driven shaft relative to the driving shaft. By meshing gears with opposite orientations (e.g., one gear with clockwise teeth and another gear with counterclockwise teeth), the direction of rotation can be reversed. This directional control is essential in applications where the desired motion needs to be reversed or changed.
- Multiple Gear Configurations: Spur gears can be combined in various configurations to form gear trains, allowing for complex power transmission systems. Gear trains consist of multiple gears meshing together, with each gear contributing to the overall power transmission. Gear trains can alter speed, torque, and direction, providing flexibility in adapting power transmission to specific requirements.
- Compatibility with Other Components: Spur gears are compatible with a wide range of other mechanical components, such as shafts, bearings, and housings. This compatibility allows for easy integration into different systems and machinery. Spur gears can be mounted on shafts using keyways, set screws, or other mounting methods, ensuring secure and reliable power transmission.
Overall, spur gears are essential in power transmission systems due to their direct tooth engagement, uniform load distribution, high efficiency, speed and torque conversion capabilities, directional control, compatibility with other components, and the ability to form complex gear trains. These characteristics make spur gears a versatile and widely used choice for transmitting power in various applications across industries.
editor by CX 2023-09-23